Panny PWD6 (old I know)

Rusty H

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Ladies and Gents,

Many moons ago, this forum helped me choose the plasma display I have today, the Panasonic PWD6, which even to this day has been stable with no faults, and still displaying a great picture.

I don't watch a huge amount of TV, and to be honest Im content with the picture quality the panny kicks out, although I will probably upgrade in the coming 2 years.

My question boils down to asking for advice on the best connection I can make from the following (I do appologise if this has already been asked).
I have recently received the Virgin HD V+ box, and although I appreciate I wont get HD quality on the panny, I was wonder what the best connection you advise is to get the best I can out of what i have.

Virgin Box (outputs) - 2 Scart, 2 HDMI Outputs
Panny (inputs) - 1 scart, 1 composite, 1 s-video, 1 component (option of 5 way to include separate VD and HD), and the 1 VGA .

Just one note, I do not have a vast amount of money, so options of expensive converter equipment unfortunately is not a luxury I can look at :(

I would appreciate any advice someone can offer me

Thanks

Russ

Last edited:
I was thinking one of these two option, which doesnt seem to expensive,

Option 1 - Belkin HDMI to DVI adaptor, DVI to VGA adaptor on the back of that, the a VGA to VGA cable connected to the VGA port on the panny

Option 2 - A HDMI to Component cable, straight in to the component connections on the panny. I see you can get 5 way and 3 way component to HDMI

What do you think?

Cheers

Russ

Is the HD fury the best choice then? If that would work best then I would be interested in looking in to it as an option.

I guess it all comes down to the price (as I say I dont have much money), so PM me with how much you have one for mate.

Huge thanks for your reply and help, I appreciate it

Russ

Thank you kindly for checking that it would work as an option, I will also read up on google to see if this is a known solution as well to double check

I appreciate your help

Thanks

Russ

Thank you kindly badkarma, thats a yes to it working then :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hi Rusty,

Just tried this out between my PS3 and Samsung LED (HDMI out of PS3 into HD Fury with short VGA-VGA adapter into VGA on the LED) and works perfectly passing 1920*1080 at 60Hz.

I think there may be an optional power supply that may be used on occasions if needed but I've never needed one. If you'd like it then having looked at previous sales in the classifieds then I'll honour the £30 I mentioned earlier even though they tend to go for a little more.:smashin:

Hi rwttm001,

Thank you kindly

Cheers

Russ

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom