1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny PWD6 Flicker (help!)

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by B19jls, Dec 17, 2004.

1. B19jls

B19jls

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently invested in the Panny PWD6 and am (like many here) experiencing a flicker problem with my Sky + box. chacked all connections and as much settings as can be altered with no joy.
    I am currently connected to the panny via scart. Is there anything that can be bought that will alter the signal and eliminate flicker ?

look forward to your ideas

2. geeWcee

geeWcee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Is this like a line effect running up the screen that can only be seen during bright scenes?

3. B19jls

B19jls

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thats the one, thick lines flickering on bright big areas

4. geeWcee

geeWcee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    My mate resolved that problem by borrowing my expensive IXOS scart cable....but I want it back now so he will have to suffer it again. I posted a similar thread about this when he started with the problem so you may want to do a search.
    Would Sky be willing to let you try a different box?

5. B19jls

B19jls

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have tried sky, but seem to be very unhelpful in the matter stating that it is a frequency problem and that the box can only deliver 50Hz. I have tested the scart cable with my DVD player and shows perfect flicker free viewing, also PS2 shows great results. Is there something on the market that can alter the frequency of the sky + box ? or is there another solution ?? (excuse me if I seem a little bland in my questions, but am new to the plasma scene)