1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny PW7 - urgent help needed

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by matt bellamy, Nov 28, 2004.

1. matt bellamy

matt bellamy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,

I am considering buying a PW7 but can't view one anywhere. I am about to sell a good fujitsu plasma with some problems on dark scenes to buy a PW7. Is the PQ of the pw7 almost as good as a good crt screen (I dont expect it to be as good). In other words does it have blur or edgeiness on fast moving scenes or are there any other probs. Like I said, my fujitsu is really good on most DVD's but not too good on dark scenes (Moria on LOTR:fellowship and Master & Commander for example). Will I be making a mistake in selling my old fujitsu to buy a panny pw7. I need fast response since I'm selling it this afternoon.

thanks

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    What Fujitsu do you have? is it Alis........ 1024x1024 res? Panny contrast is great loads of details in dark scenes Fujitsu gives avery smooth cinematic image i think you should demo a new Fujitsu and a Panny also consider the PHD7 where abouts are you.....

3. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    With a good source the PW7 can rival a good crt and it is very good with dark and fast moving scenes.

4. matt bellamy

matt bellamy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont know the model no. but the screen res is 852 x 480. I live in b'ham and have seen looking in dixons, comet etc but the stupid salemen don't know a thing about them and don't even set them up properly. I think I will go to Richer Sounds and take a look at the PW6. Is the PW7 much better than the PW6 and what is the delivery time on the PW7 from av-sales. The main reason I'm hesitating about buying from the internet (despite the savnigs) is that I have had a bad experience with online shopping.

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    AV-sales are top PW7 special offer is very limited stock (RS are just as bad............) there are some decent retailers around the west mids downing and downing in stourbridge music matters in solihull, give them a call see if they have one on display...