1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny PW7 - Can you remove green tint on VGA

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by banjo21, Nov 15, 2004.

1. banjo21

banjo21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Folks - thanks for the advice on helping me to choose a great screen. It really is as good as CRT via JS RGB to VGA or even the old Scart board :)

However one niggle - I cant get rid of the green tint thru VGA. I can on scart as I can change colour and hue but you can't do that on VGA.

Would a 'professional' have access to other options to adjust this? Its not major but people look sick at times :) and white walls aren't they are white with a green tint.

I'm considering selling the JS converter and just using the Scart coz its really beginning to bug me. Is there anything that can be done?

I tend to use auto mode with contract on 10, brightness on 3 and sharpness on 0. Settings tend not to affect it though. Still green.

Sorry if its a repeat post - I have searched and found you can't change colour normally thru VGA but I just throught there must be some way as people can't surely pay £2K and watch green faces all night?????

I stress its only a slight tint - but again for the price I wouldn't expect it.

2. njr

njr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try these settings and see what you think. I reckon these settings have removed the green tint on my PW6.

Normal setting
    Contrast -13
    brightness 0
    sharpness 4
    colour temp normal
    advance settings on
    black extension n/a
    Input level -12
    WB high red -5
    WB high blue 9
    WB LR 12
    WB LB 12
    gamma 2.2
    AGC off

3. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    There's no tint control as such on the VGA input, I find it does really need one as it's such a raw and direct input. However, you do have gamma control and also the ability to adjust the white balance for high Red and Blue in the advanced settings. Also, try changing the Picture Mode setting as it seems to have a general affect on the picture.

Also, please check the settings on the source equipment.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

4. banjo21

banjo21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Thanks all - a move towards njr's settings has helped. To stress it really is minimal and on anything sub-£1000 i wouldn't have even mentioned it.

Am I right to assume though that the Scart input required much more red tint adding to avoid the green tint because it is not as pure as the VGA input - i.e. the level of green tint is not equal across all inputs for the same settings?

5. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,788
    Panasonic plasma's load up hidden service menu settings based on incoming signal type and format. ie send them a component 480i signal and a SCART RGBcvS 576i signal and they will load up different sets of settings in background that you cannot see. The User settings are global offsets applied to these hidden settings.

in order to make each source and input correct you need to get in to the service part and make adjustments so that the user menu offsets are not required for anything except sharpness. These service settings are probably set up on a prodcution line with test pattern generators in an automated procedure. However the varience in output levels between DVD players, STB's etc from different manufacturers and within a manufacturers product line means that there is going to be a requirement for tweaking.

Hope this is a little use.

Gordon