1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny PW7 Calibration

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by banjo21, Nov 12, 2004.

1. banjo21

banjo21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Folks, I know that no one is going to remotely calibrate my new set but out of interest (to me anyway).... 2 questions.

I was using 'DVD Platinum' for setting up both Scart and VGA connection (both RGB) on PW7 last night. Its not the Avia or DVE disc but something similar I picked up years ago.
    On the Scart board I had to adjust colour and hue quite considerably. HUE is now about 3, I forget the colour setting value but it did need significant adjustment also.
    Question - is this normal or something to worry about given the set is only 6 days old????

On the VGA input the colour doesn't look as far out (using the blue filter etc) but it is out. So second question is how do I adjust colour and HUE on VGA? Is that a silly question (is it auto on VGA input or something?)

Thanks in advance.

2. njr

njr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Banjo,

You have discovered a flaw with using the vga connection. you cant adjust the colour (apart from warm/cool/normal). It is beginning to annoy me, as I find the colours too intense on most sky broadcasts. Had I known about this when I purchased, I would have bought a scart to component converter instead.

3. nheather

nheather
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,347
    njr

This is an interesting observation about the limitations of the RGB>VGA convertor.

Do you guys generally agree that this is an issue ?

Are there any more (other than aspect switching) ?

Cheers,

Nigel