1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny PW7... an evenful weekend!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by papa_flump, Aug 1, 2005.

1. papa_flump

papa_flump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    As the wife was away last week until Sunday.... I thought.... go on indulge, she's off galavanting with the family and her mother (eeeerrrrrr!), you deserve something nice... :devil:

24 hours later the screen arrived.... and was installed within the following 12 hrs. 3 hrs later.. I decided to lower the screen by 3 inches.... no problem... hot water pipe.... big problem :oops: We have a three storey house & yes the boiler is on the top floor :eek: first saucepan out of the cupboard to catch the water (once my clothes, floor & sofa were drenched) transpired to be a colander too :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

Anyway after draining the system & chewing my finger nails up to my elbows, my mate answered my desperate call & helped to fix... valium would have been easier :rolleyes:

Still cursing my decision to lower the screen I set off in search of the £1.98 plastic fitting once home I soon fixed & then spent the next 4 hours with a hair dryer... portable one mind you as the wife had taken her super dooper with her :rolleyes: before another mate came around to patch up the wall and allow me to re-hang the bracket in the new lower position.... :D

Wife came home yesterday afternoon... gobsmacked... the peace was great for a few minutes :cool: then came all the usual... :lesson:

Still had two sleepless nights now wondering if the little plastic fitting joining the two pieces of pipe together will still be there in the morning :rolleyes:

anyway.. if I have managed to work out the picture posting thingy.. there should be a few pics of the screen :D

Attached Files:

2. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes copper pipe takes some beating,great setup and pictures , especially pic 3 :)

3. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    looks really good mate!!

4. jamesr

jamesr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I wallmounted mine, we were using a jigsaw to cut out the plasterboard. Very similar to you, straight through the plastic radiator pipes. Water everywhere. I used a plastic connector and this leaked first time but now it has been on for a month with no probs. You should be fine if it lasts more than a day, just try and put some water through the pipe to test it.

Roger

5. papa_flump

papa_flump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Cheers Roger...

those fittings do make you worry though eh!

I could have sworn it was weeping the following morning... but as soon as I dried the joint the weeping had stopped!

I have put it down to the plasterboard sweating as it dried out... hence water droplets on the pipework above the joint as well as below.

re-checked everything and even gave the pipework a bit of a tug... everything seemed fine..... fingers still crossed though.

6. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Plastic joints are very very reliable.
    I use them daily and never had one leak yet.

Two things that could cause a leak with them are.

1 - not cutting the plastic pipe cleanly, leaving burrs etc.
    This can damage the rubber "O" ring inside.

2 - Missing "O" ring and/or plastic washer inside the plastic joint.
    It does happen, so i check each joint before fitting.

So relax!
    As long as you pushed the pipes fully home, and locked the joint all should be well :smashin:
    (Ps, you don't HAVE to lock the joint on certain fittings(lock shields), but it does stop accidental "releasing"!)

I prefer to use copper, but plastic allows greater choice on where/how to install pipes.
    Also copper seem just as easy to drill through as plastic!

7. *ChrisB*

*ChrisB*

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    What a horror story :eek: !

Glad you got it sorted in the end ....it looks great :smashin: