1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny PW7 37" Connection Trouble

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by rugbyboy14, Nov 4, 2004.

1. rugbyboy14

rugbyboy14
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    really hope you can help, been using scart to scart from my sky+ and also my dvd Home cinema combo with okayish picture, wanted to upgrade too use S-video to Scart, so i bought two XHV401 IXOS s-video to scart leads (from 2 differnet stockits at differnt times) the problem i have is that the picture improves greatly using the s-avideo cables but picture is only on black and white ahhhhh! i have tried changing the leads around wiggling etc etc stays that way, go back to scart to scart- bingo back to colour- suerly both leads cant be faulty? any ideas, please help

2. zedzed

zedzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    This happened to me once in similar circumstances - and it was when I was trying to feed an RGB scart into a non-RGB socket.

The cabes probably aren't faulty - but you might need to change your sky+ box settings (or your scart settings on the panel) to make sure you're not sending incompatible singals down the wrong cable type).

ZedZed

3. rugbyboy14

rugbyboy14
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ZEDZED,
    I have also just tried that, changed the picture from pal o rgb - no change and changed scart control from on to off, my DVD player has not got the options to change any thing like that but yet that still is B&W too!

As for changing the scart settings on the panel how do i do that....?
    thanks in advance!

steve

4. zedzed

zedzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Can't remember off the top of my head - but I'm pretty sure it's in the manual.

Select the input you want to configure and press "setup" on the remote and go from there ..... :)

ZedZed

5. rugbyboy14

rugbyboy14
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ZEDZED,
    now for yet another twist, like i said DVD and sky are in black and white HOWEVER, if i press the input button again on the remote it stays on the same channel but put things in colour! press the input again and it goes to the next input which is B&W DVD, press input again Colour DVD..Freaky, any ideas?
    Cheers
    steve

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    yes S_video into a scart expecting composite or RGB you get B&W picture scart needs to be told to accept S-video which you have found out how to do it.