1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny PW6

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by anil, Dec 12, 2004.

1. anil

anil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased a PW6 back in April, had it delivered and found a bunch of dead pixels. It took me over two months of constant calling to arrange a replacement but when it arrived the cheeky so and so's tried to fob me off with a used set ! The hidden menu which displays the amount of hrs. used confirmed my suspicions so I sent the engineer back with the set quite faced!

I've finally got a replacement which looks new, the menu displays 1hr used which is perfectly acceptable but I then cast my attentions to the box it came in. The model number is TH-42PW6EXS-R, now I wouldn't trust this retailer at all given the type of tricks they have already played on me but my concern is the R represents RETURN. I'm aware the EX means its a European set but I'd appreciate if anyone here can tell me what the R stands for.

Thanks in advance.
    Anil

2. atacam

atacam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    How do you get the menu telling you how long is been used for?

3. gcgoldchristoph

gcgoldchristoph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    who is this dodgy retailer - seems we should all avoid them

4. anil

anil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To find the number of hours used ..

hold the volume button (up or down) on the panel while pressing the button under the power button (the status button) 3 times very fast

A menu box should come up, highlight and select SD mode, it will tells you how many times you have powered on and off the panel (PT) and an hour meter showing the hours used (PT)

The company is called AVE (Harvard Electronics), they had a stand at the Ideal Home Exhibition, looked very reputable and I did get a very good deal .. but looks can be deceiving !

My advice, go for the companies recommended here on the forum, any others and your taking a risk if you have problems.

So no one can help with my question, I might have to call Panasonics up themselves to get some answers.

Thanks

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Have you contect panasonic about this i dont know what the R stands for (might an EU specific code for something) Hope not return or morelikely RE-PACK