Panny PW6 - time to upgrade?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Gof, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Gof

Gof

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    About 18 - 20 months ago I bought a PW6 (recommended on here) and I love it - still looks awesome - tight xbox360 visuals, good darks etc.

Anyway when I installed it myself I bored massive holes into walls etc and fitted a mount (generic jobby - can't remember brand).

Now as HD-plasma/lcd takes over I am wondering if it is time to upgrade? I'd probably stick to 42" as it fits the lounge nively and stick to silver rather than black.
    My main worry is if I do decide to upgrade is it likely another screen will be able to use the same mount or will I have problems hanging a new screen in a simialr location? Is it likely my wall may just fall down from over use of plasma screen someday?

Looking for any useful comments before I start 'working the magic' on my wife for a new screen-lol!

:D

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    you could go for another panny PH9 etc or a Fujitsu P42XHA58 (may be able to use same mount, depending on the mount) a PH9 is proabbly going to cost you less than the PW6 did!

3. gpa

gpa
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308

The 6 was a fine panel, some say the best of the SD panels released, i went from a 4 to a 6 and now an 8hd and am very very happy. I would assume as already stated the pw9hd would be a perfect choice, although i have not seen one in action, if its as good as the eight you should be happy and it will fit your current mount:thumbsup:

4. Remboy

Remboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm also thinking of upgrading my 2 1/2 year old PW6 now that I've got Sky HD. I have been completely delighted with my PW6 to date so if I do upgrade I'll go for the PH9 and use my existing stand.

The PQ on PW6 with Sky HD is amazing but I'm wondering how much better can it be on an HD screen? Anyone compared the Panny SD and HD panels to see how much improvement the HD model gives. I'm sure it will be better but given the picture quality on say Planet Earth on BBC HD, how much better can it get?

By the way, av-sales are doing the 42PH9 for half what I paid for my PW6 - now that's what I call progress!

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    see posts by "mep" who has a PW7 and PHD8.....

6. Remboy

Remboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, will do a search.

7. Gof

Gof

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Cheers guys - as usual some excellent advice!

The PW6 looks amazing on xbox - I too was wonderign how much better a HD screen woudl be - howeverr have been trying to talk my wife into 'investing' in our home entertainment, again!