1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny PW6 Scart Connection

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Bobby_Dazzler, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Bobby_Dazzler

Bobby_Dazzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I am about to buy a Pannny PW6 complete with the scart imput board.... My question is, if I purchase a Scart box as on JS Technologys web site and connect my sony dav and Sky + to the scart box with my PS2 connected via the Imputs on the dav (red white and Yellow)can any one see any pitfalls of this whole set up?

Regards

Bobby :clap:

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,467
    Hello Bobby

The excitements getting to you then :)

01. JS Technology Converters - John's converters are for use where no SCART input is available or its preferable to not use SCART inputs with a particular TV or Display.

02. Panasonic SCART terminal Board - of all the options available the SCART Input board on the 6 Series Displays has proven to be the least satisfactory; often giving (for me) a way too soft image (though others disagree).

03. Signal type - your Digibox, DVD and PS2 all have various Output options that can be selected to get best picture quality into your Display.

SKY+ - has S-Video and Composite or RGB via SCART.

PS2 - has Composite (yellow RCA connector) as standard; though a low cost RGB SCART cable can be purchased.

DVD - depending on which model you have you may have Composite, S-Video, RGB or YUV outputs.

If the PS2 is only used once in a while then fair enough go Composite via the DVD system and from there SCART to SCART to the Display and the SKY+ via a JS Technology RGB2VGA connector into the HD15 Input on the Display.

Otherwise which DAV do you have? Do you need the HD15 Input on the Display for a PC? and will you purchase the PS2 RGB cable kit (£15 approx).

Best regards

Joe

3. Bobby_Dazzler

Bobby_Dazzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello again

Either my lap top is up the wall or the site doesnt work when i want it too!

anyway

It has been suggested to me to cable my pw6 with RG59 and terminate the ends with BNC and then convert them to phono this seems a good idea to me as this setup will be wall mounted.

so i think the set up will be sky + to PW6 via as above. sound from sky to DAV

PS2 to dav via composite

Dav to PW6 via RG59 bnc - phono

is that possible?

or what about sending the sky via the dav? then i would only need one cable going to my PW6 ! hmmm decisions decisions !