1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny PW6 Help please!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by MrSimba, Jun 23, 2004.

1. MrSimba

MrSimba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 2 month old PW6 today has lost 1 line (vertical) of pixels about 3/4 of the way across the screen.

Screen refresh has done nowt - anyone got any answers?

Help!

2. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    If you are using one of the input cards you could try removing it and reseating it.

Other than that you'll have to ring Panasonic and get them to sort it out under warranty which will probably mean them getting Barron McCann to pay you a visit with a loan screen whilst your's is off being repaired.

Cheers, Lee

3. MrSimba

MrSimba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Lee

I've got 2 imput cards (component/ s-video - RGB Scart) and there both the same so I guess its not the card seating

Looks like I'll be ringing Panny in the morning...

Anyone had any experiance of their customer service? - What shouldI expect???

Cheers

Simon

4. FaxFan2002

FaxFan2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    The same happened to my panny5, let's say panny customer services are not that good - don't expect to get that promised call back.. Don't bother waiting for a loan unit (I waited 2 months), because no matter what they say you won't get one.

5. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi Simon,

Well my Panny developed a fault with it's power board. I called Panasonic on the Monday morning and the girl took my details and said that someone would be in touch about getting it collected. I had a call on the Wednesday from Barron McCann who said that because I had the 50" it would be several weeks before a loan 50" became available...I said that I was not sure that I could use my set at that time as it kept powering off so the guy said I could have a 42" as a loan. I agreed and they came that Friday as arranged. They had a flight case with them which had the loan unit in. They took mine off the wall and hung the loan set up. They did not swap over any input cards as the loan unit had it's own. As they had the flight case thing they did not need any original packaging.

That was nearly three weeks ago now and they said it should be 2 - 4 weeks so I guess I'll give 'em another week and then see whats up.

So not a bad experience....yet !!

It did take sometime to get through to Panasonics help line but I guess thats pretty much standard these days for help lines.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Cheers, Lee

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
  7. MrSimba

MrSimba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys - I'll give them a call as my dealer is not very forthcoming with help at the moment!

8. Arcangel

Arcangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try 01332 866562 as that will take you straight through to their Panasonic Warranty section. :)

9. MrSimba

MrSimba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help - Impressed by Panny's customer service so far!

Heres a pic of the problem for anyone who's interested,

[​IMG]

10. ReHaBWales

ReHaBWales
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I see your problem...your watching Jeremy Clarkson. I recommend you turn the channel over that'll fix it :p