1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny Pw6 - component or VGA?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by jcb69, Dec 30, 2004.

1. jcb69

jcb69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have my Panny PW6 connected to my AVC10SE amp via component cable, but have been hearing a number of people saying that picture quality is better using component directly the 15 pin HD input on the back of the screen.

Does anybody have a firm opinion one way or the other, or since my current connections are working fine should I stick with what I've got?

Thanks,

Craig

2. noikz

noikz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I am in the same boat. (PWD6)

Where can you get a component > DSUB cable from also?

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    you need a D-sub to 5 BNC/RCA cable and use the red green and blue cables cheap ones can be had on ebay direct from chinese manufacturers

4. jcb69

jcb69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info Horny - does that mean that you would go with the D-sub cable rather than component to component through the terminal boards, or were you just answering Noikz's question about where to source them?

I'm using a pretty decent Black Rhodium Component lead at the moment, so would hate to have signal degrdation by chossing a cheap cable. If I were to go with the VGA connection I think I'd probably fork out £25 and buy one from Lektropacks or Keene Electronics.

I phoned Panasonic earlier today to see if they had an opinion - unfoprtunately the girl on the helpdesk just told me "Use the component signal as that's the best quality". OK, that might be true, but it's not exactly helpful as the VGA signal is also component if I'm not mistaken! So, the choice is component through TY-42TM6Y terminal board using Black Rhodium Component lead, or component direct to VGA using a Lektropacks lead.

Come on guys, someone must have tried both methods and have an opinion! Failing that I might just blow £25 on a lead and compare them anyway!

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  6. noikz

noikz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I've ordered one of those cables that you linked to hornydragon plus I've ordered a BNC component card + some converters (couldn't find anywhere that has any stock of the rca/phono component cards). I'm planning on running SKY+ through my DVDr with component out and running my consoles on the component card.

Whats the difference in using the component > dsub cable to one of the JS converters that I've read about on here?