panny pw6 arrived today!! few questions

SNICK

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm now the proud owner of a 42 inch panny pw6 which arrived today! - after all the set up, managed to get a DVD feed through it - but did notice some screen noise - which seemed to go away havijng set the NR function on - and turned down the brightness/ contrast and colour which were factory set far too high.

As I got the tuner box with the set - relayed a scart from the DVD to the AV1 connection...would i get a better pic with composite leads?

well chuffed you could add speakers at the rear - save me getting a full set up for a few weeks or so.

Unfortunately - as the old 32 incher CRT hasn't been sold - had to box the lot up till it gets sold!!! - to keep 'er indoors happy.

She did comment that the picture was a bit 'in your face' does it take a bit of time to adjust to the higher pic definition?

do you mean component leads?
should be better picture, but i not up to date on the tuner boxes..

Yep - meant component - any brand of cable worth getting? - or are they all pretty much the same?

I bought a component cable from Mark Grant (see power buy forum) and have had no problems. The cable certainly looks the part even in the box.

Snick,

Where is the NR function on the PW6 - I don't seem to have it on my PWD6.

Bypass the box and go component from player to screen.
I don't know how much you have to spend on cables but Chord are £100 for a set.
Not worth spending any more.
I haven't seen them in the box though.

Originally posted by daveb975
Snick,

Where is the NR function on the PW6 - I don't seem to have it on my PWD6.

Its only on the Tuner box adjustments !

Though using a tuner box you lose a lot of other adjustments including all the advanced settings.

I hadn't relaised that. I was having a look at a PW6 in JL the other day and noticed that the OSD were in a different format to mine.

I assumed that this was a difference between the PW6 and the PWD6, but it is probably just down to the tuner box.

Yeah one of the biggest ommisions when using the tuner box is that you can`t adjust the overscan :thumbsdow

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom