Panny PV500 - Image Issues or Paranoia Issues? Advise please!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by stevie_mc, Mar 15, 2006.

1. stevie_mc

stevie_mc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

After months of buying and selling on Ebay, coupled with a dramatic price drop due to it now being discontinued stick, I have finally managed to secure a Panasonic 42PV500 and my first impression was WOW!!

Its pretty much everything I hoped for, clean sharp pictures (even with freeview) the integrated DVB tuner is easy to use and the images from the XBox 360 looks amazing!!

True to form though, I've managed to pick faults with it already, just like every other piece of AV equipment I've purchased and I need advise from owners of the PV500 on whether I'm being paranoid or not.

Basically, I've noticed when playing games on the 360, especially FPS games where there is a lot of rapid movement, that there is a blurring or ghosting at the edges of the screen whenever the camera pans round fast. I tried to ignore it at first but now its just annoying me and I was wondering:

- Is this something other owners of the PV500 have noticed?
    - Is this a trait with plasmas in general as I've heard earlier models didnt cope well at all with rapid camera pans

OR

- Am I just being paranoid and noticing something that is only apparent because of the screen size?

Any advice would be greatyl appreciated!!

2. TekHousE

TekHousE
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I guess you need to say which game you are playing as well..

As for the PV500 not being able to handle fast camera pans..thats not the case mate..I rewatched my Band of Brothers DVD's (notorious for pushing screens to the limit) once I got my PV500, looking for signs of this..but found none. :)

3. Thekop

Thekop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    No problem with mine either.. Especially with the Xbox 360 ... Just make sure you've turned off any picture enhancements .. Like MPEG NR, P - NR etc ..
    I also recommend using the set in either Cinema or Normal mode ( I prefer Cinema - personal preference ) ... If it just happens with only a few games or just one, then it's just that ! Nothing wrong with the Panny in my view ..
    I think it's a beauty and i wouldn't swap mine for anything else ! :smashin:

Goodluck ! :)