Panny PT200 mounting screws

T

Truecelt

panny PT200 mounts
Im about to spend Saturday ceiling mounting my panny 200 pj. Does anyone know the size or type of screw suitable for attaching the pj to a homemade ceiling mount? There are 4 threaded holes in the bottom of the projector but the size or thread is not referred to in the manual. Also I need to connect the DVD to the panny via a 10 mtr scart cable because of the ceiling position, is this liable to give me a loss in picture quality? Any help on these 2 subjects greatly appreciated

They're M4 IIRC.

10m scart shouldn't be a problem as long as the cable is of reasonable quality.

Calibos & a few more are using 10m scart cables IIRC.

:smoke:

Can confirm they're M4. Any decent hardware store should have them. I used cap head (i.e. Allen key) types in the vain hope that any thieves breaking in and wanting to nab the PJ might not have the correct size (3mm IIRC) of Allen key to hand!

Cheers

Pete

thanks guys. I went ahead and mounted thepanny on the ceiling. However I found a great mount in B+Q, about 6 inches log, and made of brushed alloy and chrome trim. They come in twos and are actually kitchen unit feet. I was able to mount this to the panny via a 5mill bolt which is slap bang in the middle of the panny underside. The power and scart cable route up the centre of this, into the ceiling and across and down to the video equipment which is on the far side of the room. I was able to use the existing aerial lead conduit from the attic for this leaving no cable showing. The only awkward part was removing the scart head at one end to allow routing, and then reconnecting it again once all cable was in place. I then connected dvd, video (inc sky piped through from another room) and freeview box via a remote switching box. The panny is powered from a socket in the attic. I am well pleased with this setup which looks very professional. Two days completed everything. It was easier though because I had access above the ceiling due to living in a bungalow. Roof bracket £15, for two!! 10m scart £40 maplins, switch box £50 maplins.

Am I correct in thinking you are hanging your projector from the one central screw?

I don't know if it's the same, but on my AE100 that threaded hole on the underside centre of the projector is a tripod mount if I remember correctly! Which is certainly NOT designed to be hung from!!
I think the brass insert is just forced into the plastic housing, no direct connection with the chassis!!

I hope I am wrong, or you are not doing what I think you are doing, else I don't fancy sitting under your projector!!

Could well be the same, I have checked this thoroughly though, and the fitting is very tight and secure, theres no way the projector is going anywhere, they only weigh abough 3 kg.

Originally posted by Truecelt
the fitting is very tight and secure, theres no way the projector is going anywhere

OK, but on your head be it - pun intended :D

I'd seriously rethink your mounting - asking for trouble using just that tripod mounting point.

You've been warned.

:smoke:

Just thought I would update my last post.
I could still swing from the projector which hasnt budged an inch and is as tight as ever. I checked that mounting when I had the panny apart to clear some dust, and it aint gonna detach for anyone. So my advice to anyone owning this particular model is go ahead and use the central mount, it will mean a very cheap and effective way of ceiling mounting the projector and looks far better than those unsightly professional mounts

bikepete said:
I used cap head (i.e. Allen key) types in the vain hope that any thieves breaking in and wanting to nab the PJ might not have the correct size (3mm IIRC) of Allen key to hand!

Cheers

Pete

Thanks for the info. I just need to figure out where you live ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom