1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny PT-AE100 RGB Scart to VGA????

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by calibos, Feb 6, 2002.

1. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Over on Avs, Li On has been saying that 1080i and 720p look lousy through the component inputs but look superb through a component to VGA(RGB) transcoder into the panny's vga port. Would it follow that Pal 576i via RGB Scart from my DVD player (Sony 325) to the Vga port would also be a huge improvement over DVD S-Video to Projector S-Video and is there a converter for scart Rgb to vga anyway??

Or am I misunderstanding what Li On has been saying?

2. codling

codling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    calibos,

i posted more of less the same question to li on over on the avs forum(my username is cussycod).
    his reply was quite rude.saying he didnt have time to answer beginners questions.

from what i can make out from the posts over there
    feeding the pj with either interlace or progressive signal
    the ae100 will still have to up-scale the image.
    not giving the same great results as li on

read vanmans post(1st post on page 4)that sort of explains it.

im still a bit confused though

:confused:
    hope this helps
    cod

3. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,027
    Li On seems to imply that the problem is with the component inputs. The pansonic has different modes for the different inputs. For example, with normal video inputs, the picture can be set to 'cinema'. With VGA its called 'natural' and has different colour settings.

So it seems as though panasonic tweak depending on what they think you are using it for.

The big advantage that Li On seems to like is that via VGA you can adjust the R/G/B values independently to get exactly the colour balance you like, rather than just a generic 'colour' option for component/s-video.

So in my (very humble) opinion, an S-Video/RGB/component to VGA converter would give you a big improvement due to increased control over colour etc. Li On also seems to like the Hoya FLD filter when using the VGA input.