1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny PS5 Help Please!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Pwillow, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Pwillow

Pwillow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,
    I've just got a panasonic ps5 28in widescreen tv today and after setting it all with the external speakers and turning it on i noticed a high pitched humming noise that lasted about 3 minutes it was coming from the speakers and also the back of the tv,i disconnected the speakers and switched off the tv and turned it back on and the humming noise was still there coming from the rear of the tv,panasonic customer care said this was due to the transformer warming up but i'm not so sure,has anyone else had this problem?hope someone can help,thanks.

2. pclarke

pclarke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had a PS1 (actually still have until it is collected on Saturday) and this TV does NOT humm. However, it suffers from a convergence error to the left of the screen, poor geometry and the usual dirty screen. I hope yours is better. I contacted Panasonic about the dirty screen effect and they said it was down to unshielded scart leads. When I then said it had no scarts connected they assummed it was therefore characteristic?!

Getting a Sony instead.

3. Pwillow

Pwillow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for the advice,much appreciated,i didn't think it was normal myself,has anyone else had any problems with this,as the panasonic tech said it was normal but i'm not convinced.Cheers.