1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny plasma problems

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by lab, Apr 16, 2005.

1. lab

lab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I have problems with my panny TH50PD30, it powers up for a few seconds and the fans start but then it switches itself back to standby mode almost immediately - any ideas what it could be or how to correct it ?

Thanks, Lesley

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Faulty PSU???is it under warranty?

3. lab

lab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sadly no not under warranty anymore. I have noticed that the red standby light now flashes after it has turned itself off whereas before when in standby the light was constant. Something tells me this is going to be expensive.

Lesley

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    A couple of hundred quid I believe. Call Barron McCann directly for a quote, though if the screen is not long out of warranty, call Panasonic and throw yourself on their mercy. It is a known fault, they ought to do something for you, and have sorted this prob out of warranty for several members, and 2 customers of mine that I know of.

5. jwillans

jwillans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lesley - This is a PSU problem and happened to me after 5 days of use! My TV is still in for repair, they are waiting for a replacement part. I think the flashing standby light is giving some kind of diagnostic information.

James