Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panny PK3

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by zingela, Apr 6, 2001.

1. zingela

zingela

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I like many people was bowled over by the reviews for the PK3 ("could anything be any better"...). A word of warning. I am on my second set - the first had serious picture impurities. I had a 3 month wait while it was replaced (due to a shortage of glass I'm told) but the replacement still has a slight impurity in the bottom right hand corner. I have word that most sets suffer from at least a slight impurity.

My advise is to check the picture before you take any set home...you might just avoid a lengthy wait for a replacement. Alternatively, why not try a sony or Tosh instead. I am having serious doubts whether Panasonic deserve the reputation for excellence that they seem to have!

2. Derek

Derek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have a Panasonic TX28PK3 on order and I've been waiting 3 months too. What should I look for when it arrives?

3. zingela

zingela

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe that the most common problem is a brownish smudge in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.