1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny picture has developed lines

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Supra, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Supra

Supra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Please help me, I've had the 5 series panny for 1 week now. I've been happy with the picture. Had it running via Grundig sky box. The toshiba sd210 was paasing its rgb signal through the sky box. Like isaid no problems.

This morning I thought i would have to try the pal progressive player from richer sounds, cant wait for new ones to come on market.

Anyway I disconnected my lead to the plasma( I got the lead from Nexnix- RGB- bnc connection thing), decided i would just do with the dvd for the weekend until i order a RGb- plasma VGa box from JS Technology on monday morning.

Right got myself a 3metre IXOS component lead, connected everything up. eventually got picture, but it has lines running up and down the screen. I cant seem to get rid of these. These lines look like a snow effect they appear every 3 inches or so.

To top it up i cant even get the sky pic on any more even after changing inputs all i get is grey/blue blur or no signal. Can someone please help me.

2. Supra

Supra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Problem fixed- it was the limit dvd player from richres causing the problem- I should have known better- the wife suggested plugging in the old dvd player on component and it works.
    I willtake the dvd player back to richers on Monday and get the new marantz, I've been told by Sevenoaks that it has pal progressive.

I still cany get the sky to work with the lead from Ninex- took the lead apart and i know why because its a cheap and nasty lead!!