1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny PHD8 Input Boards

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Singexpat, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Singexpat

Singexpat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am planning to take the plunge and buy a new Panny PHD8 as soon as they become available (I think!)! I just have a query about connection and input board variations - quite a confusing issue for the unititiated!

I will be using the panel with a Denon 3805 receiver and Denon 3910 DVD player and a local (Singapore) digital cable set top box. My initial thoughts were to connect:

(a) the digital set top box to the 3805, then use the 3805's "monitor out" terminal to to the Panny using a component video cable;

(b) the Denon 3910 direct to the Panny using HDMI (and using the Denon to scale up and output the image at 720p).

If I were to go with the above connections I assume I would need to buy two optional input boards for the PHD8: ie. component and HDMI - IS THIS CORRECT?

I think the alternative connection possibilitities would be to:

(a) to connect straight to the panel using component rather than HDMI; or

(b) to the 3805 using component and then use the same "monitor out" connection as for the digital cable thus meaning only one cable to the Panny and one additional input board - less cost!)

Does anyone have any views about what is likely to get the best results with this set-up ie. component vs HDMI, and direct to the panel vs through the receiver?

I would appreciate your thoughts!

2. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
  3. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    Think this should be in the Plasma forum :)

It's a little higher up on the list than this one.

4. Singexpat

Singexpat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My mistake - thanks.