Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

panny pf10 100htz/flicker across top .

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by j.fitz, Mar 15, 2002.

1. j.fitz

j.fitz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi ,have had the above telly for approx 2/3 years but have noticed lately a flicker on th upper half of the screen.it is starting to show up through black scenes now.have i a big problem.regards jimmy.

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is the flicker only visible when watching something through RGB input???

3. andypandy

andypandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Put the aerial directly in to your TV and check again that will certainly isolate the problem

4. j.fitz

j.fitz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have set the dvd player[pioneer626] to rgb.when i change it to video the flicker is not as bad but seems to be in the middle of the screen.is there anything in the telly set up menu i can change.regards jimmy.

5. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a brand ne wpanny RP. when i watch anything in RGB i get a flicker about 3 inches from the top of the screen, right across the tv. In video I dont. I was told its a design flaw in panny tvs. (the panny in the other room has the same fault) I can only see this line on a very bright picture like a light blue sky. the lines seem to move up and down in about a 1 inch gap causing the flicker. is that the same as yours??

6. j.fitz

j.fitz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    shaun this seems very similar to my problem,can any thing be done through a service menu,maybe panasonic uk have a solution,many thanks for the reply ,jimmy.

7. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jimmy,

is your pioneer dvd player multi region?? My pioneer is and I think it may be a flaw in the multi upgrade. My older pioneer is also multi but has a different upgrade and it plays fine on my tv!! the one I have now you cant manually change regions. You can get the menu up telling you what region it is set to but you cant change it, it does it automatically. The older one I have you can change it. Is yours the same??

8. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    forgot to say.

when I watch reg 1 discs and the player is set to VIDEO, I get white patches at the top of the screen. reg 2 plays fine. RGB I get the lines!!!! My girlfriend has the same multi region player and she is gatting the same fault on her sony tv. NOT THE LINES but she gets the white patches. You have to look when the room is dark to see them.