1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny PE30 Picture Controls

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by blackmaverick, Jul 20, 2004.

1. blackmaverick

blackmaverick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have just bought the 37" PE30 and am delgithed with every espect of it. However I am a little confused as some guys on here are recommending picture settings to use and quoting numbers (-5 etc...) but the settings on my screen are just on a slidebar with no indicators. Am i looking in the wrong place? I have a UK model.

Thx

** Just to clarify, when I say picture controls I mean sharpness, contrast, brightness, colour settings **

2. ndenbow

ndenbow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi, I have the 42PE30 and was wondering the same thing. Presumably you have to imagine a scale of 1 to 10 across the bar, and just basically judge it best you can. Don;t forget to try and run the thing in on low contrast for a while.

I found my 'dynamic' setting far too bright for TV images. Basically the default setting made the TV image (via RGB scart Sky+) look really awful. In fact my wife almost had my nuts for dinner for 'spending all that money on a piece of cr*p). glad I took the time to play and get the picture right.

3. blackmaverick

blackmaverick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have got my setting fairly low at the moment, will calibrate though once its been running for about a month.

The only thing I can think of for the settings value is that -5 is 5 positions below the middle of the slider and +5 would be 5 positions above the slider etc etc..

Overall delighted with my new tv though.