Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

panny PE30/ DMR 100 dilema

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by dont sink, May 31, 2004.

1. dont sink

dont sink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    6 months ago I purchased the panny E100 recorder(excellent machine) for at the time I thought a reasonable £750.
    I was going to hold off the purchase of a plasma, but reviews and a veiwing have convinced me to buy the new PE30. I'm working through my shortlist of sellers. AND here's my dilema. AV-Sales have an offer of the DMR E85 for £100. Apart from slight changes to "Direct Navigator" the only other difference I can see is a progresive scan output for the plasma which my E100 doesn't. Do I buy to replace my 6 mth old, buy and have 2 recorders or is there a 3rd option???

2. steveho

steveho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Your 100 has the multimedia card slots ,the 85 doesn't have any.

The new 95 comes out in july with prog scan ,card slots and 160 gb hard drive at about £800

steve

3. AV Geeza

AV Geeza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If you don't have a progressive scan DVD player, why don't you buy a good DVD player such as an Arcam DV88+ from Creative Audio?
    You can use the Panny E100 for recording, that is the reason you bought it for isnt it? It does that job very well, however the Arcam will give the PE30 the kind of picture quality it deserves.
    I dont see the point of having two recorders! :confused:

4. D J Fryer

D J Fryer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    If you don't have a prog scan dvd player get the 85 for £100 extra and sell your 100 (provided the 85 is as good a recorder as the 100 and does everything you need?). If not get the 85 for £100 and sell on to offset against the cost of the PE30 and a new prog scan dvd player (all assuming that the 85 will get you a worthwhile profit?).

AV Geeza - I think the point is he only has to spend an additional £100 for the prog scan 85 recorder whereas buying a DV88+ will cost an additional £499 (at least that's how I read it......?)

5. dont sink

dont sink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    chaps thanks for the replies
    I guess I took my 3rd option and bought the PE30 from Digital-point a lot cheaper and without the dilemma of a new recorder.
    What a fantastic plasma this is, and combined with the DMR100 great.
    So Prog Scan from a player??? Is it my next purchase?? all advise greatly appreciated.

If your in the hunt for a recorder/plasma, I can thouroughly recommend, Panny DMR100 TH37PE30