1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny PA20 scart interference

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bongpig, Sep 17, 2004.

1. bongpig

bongpig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im haing a very slight interference problems on very dark scenes on my Panny TH37PA20.
    It happens on all RGB scarts with any input. If I switch the scart from RGB to s-video input, the problem goes away.

I was wondering. Its pretty well documented that the PW6 has poor scart inputs, and thus many users end up using the JS RGB>VGA converter.

Could the same be said for the full TV versions of the PW6 like the PA20/30?

2. Tonester

Tonester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry can't help but I've a couple of q's if you could help me

1) Is the only difference between PA20/30 the digital tuner?

2) Do you have to buy the pedestal or rack stand, or will it stand up fine on it's own?

3. bongpig

bongpig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Far as im aware, the tuner is the only real difference. The screens are both 6 seris technology.
    I think the PA30 has the option of the fancy equipment rack or a desktop stand.
    My PA20 came with the desktop stand, and very nice it is too! I think they come with this stand as standard.

4. Tonester

Tonester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ask because I was in Currys and I saw a PE30 without any stand and it leaned backwards slightly. Ideally I don't want a stand at all, so I'd be interested to know whether I need one.

5. bongpig

bongpig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Plasmas are not free standing.
    You need a stand or wall bracket. They dont lean at all.