1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny or Sammy?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by moops, Oct 27, 2005.

1. moops

moops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Stumbled across this site whilst re-searching what plasma to buy and would like to congratulate you on a great comminity and also ask your opinions.

My original choice was a Samsung PS42S5H as I can get a 20% discount where I work for these and would work out at about £1300.

After reading quite a few posts though it has come apparent that this model is not quite up to scratch.

Even though I can't get discount and that this model is not HD ready and is slightly smaller I think I am going to go for the Pansonic TH37PE for a similar price.

Do you guys think this is a wise choice bearing in mind the Sammy is HD ready and 42"?

Also what is thdifference between the PE30 & PE50?
    Moops

2. Peabo

Peabo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if you're desperate for HD right now and can't break your budget, maybe the LG models would be better. The Panasonic will give you a much better picture than the S5H though.

3. mal60908

mal60908

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PE30 are the old models, the new ones have the 8th generation panel in them, but less inputs (VGA etc)

4. moops

moops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well after much deliberating I am actually goona go for the TH42P50E.

As i'm not too fussed about HD it seems as though this is one of the best SD panels going at the mo?

5. billym

billym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You won't be disappointed with the TH42PE50 - I've had mine for a few weeks now and it just keeps getting better and better. :thumbsup: