panny nv-fj620 timer problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by HMHB, Mar 1, 2002.

Tags:
  1. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,623
    Has anyone had or heard of a problem with the timer on the nv-fj620 ? I set it to record at 8-58 am and go to work - when i leave the room the timer is definately set correctly (with no pdc etc). When I get home the video is switched on and has not recorded the program. The details are still correct in the timer (the clock and date are set correctly also!!).
    The engineer came around and basically did not believe that I was doing everything right - even though I told him that I've had panny videos for the last 12 years or so.
    Whenever I set the timer whilst I'm still in the house it works perfectly every time. The only differences I can see are:-
    1) I set the house alarm when I leave
    2) I've yet to try at at 8-58am whilst still in the house - I will try it Saturday to see what happens.
    Are any signals transmitted by Sky that could screw it up ?
    I'm totally confused here and don't want to all an engineer out again if its something I'm doing wrong - but I can't see what it is !

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,623
    This seems to have fixed itself since the month changed to March. I've known problems with some computers during the end of Feb also .