Panny New Range

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by tolmie, Aug 3, 2006.

1. tolmie

tolmie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    I've been watching the present Panny plasma's fall in price over the last few months and not had a chance to get one. I'm now think about holding onto about october,November, does anyone know if theres new models around the corner, im looking at a 37" or 42 ".

2. suniil

suniil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +402
  3. NonPayingMember

NonPayingMember
    Previously Liam @ Prog AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +830
    New Pannys are gonna be here next month. Barely any stock left of the old ones! No 50", one or two 42" HD, quite a few 42" SD going at bargain prices around the net.

4. grifter33

grifter33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

On a related note, I'm new to the forum and am looking at getting either the Panasonic 42PX60 (around £1350 with cabinet) or pre-ordering the 42PH9 with a couple of HDMI terminal boards (around £1647 with no cabinet).

Do you think the PH9 is worth the wait and the higer price or should i just jump and get the PX60 now. I will be using it with SKY HD and regular DVD playback.

Thanks,
    Paul.

5. ash

ash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    Do you have an amp + speakers?

6. grifter33

grifter33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will be getting the Panasonic SC-HT855 to use as the home cimema system so will not need the speaker functionality of the PX60.

7. Silk2704

Silk2704
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi I'm looking at getting the PH9 as well, was just wondering where you'll be able to demo them in the Sheffield area if anyone knows? I went into the panasonic shop a while back to see the PHD8 and was told they don't stock them and commercial shops don't stock panels, just TVs. Seemed very strange to me, especially all the places on the web etc you can get them.

8. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    PAnels are Suppied by Panasonic Business systems. TV by Panasonic Consumer UK the biggest bunch of monkeys i have ever dealt with, and "shop @ Panasonic" stores are franchised to Panasonic Consumer UK (who dont sell the panels) not sure where you can demo one sheffield (bound to be somewhere) but a demo in antoher mebers home is often a better demo (no sales pressure just a couple of tech geeks over tea and biccies or a beer or two leering at the sexiness that is a panny apnel in all its glory (i think i may have to go lie down)

9. PHC

PHC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I was thinking about getting a PX60 around October/November time. Should I take it from your post that these are unlikely to be available (at least in large numbers) then and will have been replaced with the new ones (or are you talking about the panels rather than TVs)?

Just beginning to wonder if I should make the purchase earlier and take advantage of the current low prices.

10. CFC1

CFC1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,250
    The PX60 and PX600 have only been out for 3 months or so, so surely these can't be ready for imminent replacement like the panels?

11. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    there are soem 1080p panels out in japan before Xmas proably UK in April/May but these are all 50"+ (50", 58", 65" and 103" :D by special order)

12. ash

ash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    Would go PH9 then :thumbsup:

13. Gussie

Gussie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    If only JL sold them - I have a PX60 from JL and am now very used to it and bask in the glory that it only cost me around £1400 with a free DVD Recorder thrown in.

At the time, the cost of a PHD8 with 5 years extended warranty and the necessary bits I needed would have cost an extra £450 or so and I stated that no way could Panasonic carry on with that pricing. And it has come to pass that the pricing for the new PH9 has indeed dropped to the point where as far as I can tell the difference is around £200 or so.

So today (or I should say in September when the PH9 becomes available) I would go for the panel.

To my eyes the PX60 has equal PQ to the panels but I'm beginning to tire of Panasonics crappy FreeView implementation in their Plasma TVs - much prefer my old Sony FreeView box ...

eg Press Red message disappears by itself after 10 secs and I can renumber my TV Channels to give me one button access to BBC News.

TBH I'd save up for a 50PH9 !!!

Gussie :)