• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panny LXD60/Tosh 32WLT66 or Sammy

blueboxmedia

Standard Member
Hi,
My parents are after a 32inch LCD. I myself have just got the 32v2000 but my parens wan to spend a little less.
They will use it for watching Cable tv.

What would you guys say is the best to go for?

Is the Tosh a safe bet or the Panny LXD60? Have heard good things about both sets.... or maybe smethng else.

Thans in advance

DanVJ

blueboxmedia said:
Hi,
My parents are after a 32inch LCD. I myself have just got the 32v2000 but my parens wan to spend a little less.
They will use it for watching Cable tv.

What would you guys say is the best to go for?

Is the Tosh a safe bet or the Panny LXD60? Have heard good things about both sets.... or maybe smethng else.

Thans in advance

The Sony KDL-32S2010 can be found for 800 quid at Gultronics. Absolutely amazing price for the quality.

dingwall

Banned
I can thoroughly recommend the Panasonic too.

Best pic of the lot (rivals your Sony!)- nice looking - reliable brand name (much more appreciated by those with wisdom in their years) - and if your Dad is an analogue teletext hog like mine, the Panasonic is now the only TV with full teletext features intact (including hold, mix, PiP and multipage selection/advance). Yep, we swapped the Sony for Panasonic 'cos of teletext alone - rather as a bonus, the PQ quality was even better!

Go for it!

And if you can join Costco, thoroughly recommended - they'll take any TV back after any amount of years for any reason - this is how I've tested so many LCDs in the comfort of my own house (Sony and Panasonic way ahead of the rest = main summary).

BYF

panasonic for picture quality performance also look goods with SD stuff.

theres a great write up on it over at cnet.co.uk

for £730 its a still

BYF

between them two the panasonic again.

you should really be looking at the sony s2010 that replaced the sony model you mention above.

i don't think you can go wrong with either the sony s2010 or the panasonic lxd60 they both look stunning via a good HD source.

the panasonic has 2 hdmi but no pc input, although there me be a dvi/hdmi splitter that may work i don't know.

the sony has only 1 hdmi but no pc input

from what ive seen at various demo's i thought the panasonic had a great picture comparable with the new sony V series, looked good on SD too.

BYF

TBH if you can hold on another month or so the new toshiba WLT68 will be available which sounds impressive on paper.

thats what i have my eye on when i'll be buying my first HD set in the autumn :thumbsup:

if its just standard cable there watching then a sharp p50/70e series would be best.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom