Panny - losing frames !

Steve N

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Pannys have been pretty accurate in the past but I am now getting a problem with my E500.
When I am editing -cutting out unwanted bits etc - it used to be accurate to the exact frame.
I then noticed it started removing an extra 4 or 5 frames either side of the cut.
I had a huge backlog of stuff on the harddrive so made an effort to get it all on discs. I thought with the harddrive clear I could format it and hopefully get it to perform as it used to.
I now find I am losing about 10 to 12 frames either side of the cut. This is really screwing up my editing.
Anybody got any ideas or suggestions as to how to get it back to its old self.
:lease:

Have you tried removing the power and leaving for a couple of hours to let any capacitors discharge?

laser said:
Have you tried removing the power and leaving for a couple of hours to let any capacitors discharge?
Not tried this - in fact my machine has been permanently on for months now.
This isn't a Star Trek gag is it :D
I'll give it a go anyway - thanks

are you recording in a different mode than what you previously did (LP instead of SP)? It seems to lose more frames the lower the record mode is

illustrator said:
are you recording in a different mode than what you previously did (LP instead of SP)? It seems to lose more frames the lower the record mode is
No, I've always kept to SP except for rare occasions when I've had to squeeze a couple of movies onto a disc for the kids.
Laser, I tried your suggestion but it made no difference. I only had the machine off for about 90 minutes though.
I thought I was fairly knowledgeable about this sort of equipment but discharging capacitors is a new one to me.
Laser, (or anyone) can you explain the theory of this to me.

Anyone..... :) pretty please:)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom