panny just mode

leedebs

Right this has really begun to bug me ow.
I have asked on this forum previously about getting into the service menu to see if I could adjust the degree of stretch on the "just" mode. I was advised to just leave it in wide mode but this looks bad with 4.3 material.
Seen a few panny plasmas & me mates just got a 50" PX60 and on all these TV's the just mode isn't too bad, it stretches a bit at the edges but not too much as to be totally distracting. BUT on my Th37PW7 this mode is rubbish, if someone is in the middle of the screen no problem but when they move to the edge well, it looks absolutely awful. :thumbsdow Now I know most of the tv/dvd stuff is broadcast in widescreen now but I watch lots of old 4.3 stuff and although I can watch in 4.3 I would prefer to use a stretch mode to alleviate the black side bars. Sony's smart mode is far better in this regard. Can anyone provide some info into adjusting the effect of this via the service menu or other means? I have a 5 year warranty (3 years remaining) is it worth calling out a service engineer to see if he can do anything? I don't hear other people complain about this though. :eek:
Really at my wits end, seems like it's just my panny thats like it:(

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom