1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny HD6 to a Pio 2011 Receiver ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Montana, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Montana

Montana
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    As you can see I have both these devices, but I have a bit of a dilema.At the moment I have the Receiver doing the video switching for me (in component), so I have a component to VGA cable going to my plasma.The problem is according to the 2011 manual I can only view the setup menu's via either a composite or s-video out from the Receiver.The next part of the problem is I only have the VGA and (I think) RS232 sockets on my plasma to plug into as I have no additional cards.
    I hope someone can point me in the right direction of either a work round for this problem , or in the direction of a Very Cheap card that I can use just for the set-up screens.Unfortunatley I don't have a small telly to put next to it, just to do the screen navigation either.
    Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Andy

P.S Mods, I have put this in the Amplifiers and Receivers section as well, cause its a combination of both.I hope this is OK.

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    The cheapest device for your problem is about£100 or so, is called the pro-v, and accepts an s-video input, and outputs VGA. But of course your VGA is set up to do component. The pro-v offers VGA pass through, which will work with the component signal, but you'd have to switch the input back to VGA to see the setup menus. On reflection, it's probably best to bite the bullet and get the s-video/composite board for the screen. Very irritating problem, a shame on such a good amp in every other way. Denons do OSD on component.