Panny HD-LCD

Rob_J

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any plans for Panasonic to have dual HDMI on a screen? Playstation 3 takes up one that leaves no room for anything else such as HD Sky. If there are plans i will hold out till next year before buying the Panny LXD500. Thanx for any advice.

Rob_J said:
Does anyone know if there are any plans for Panasonic to have dual HDMI on a screen? Playstation 3 takes up one that leaves no room for anything else such as HD Sky. If there are plans i will hold out till next year before buying the Panny LXD500. Thanx for any advice.

You don't need two HDMI inputs - what you need is a receiver with at least two HDMI inputs and one HDMI output. Both the HD SetTopBox and PS3 will be connected to this receiver.

Latest Recievers include scalers for non HD inputs!

Good Point................Well Made!

The price will reduce once the US market starts buying them en mass.

But don't expect to see them at Richer Sounds for a while :D !

So am i right in thinking this reciever is like a USB Hub sort of thing?

No sorry mate not like USB Hubs.

These are Audio Visual (AV) Amplifiers (sometimes with RDS Radio's).

They are used with multiple sources, such as DVD Player, SACD Player, X-Box, Video's etc. They switch video inputs (if applicable) to your screen and amplify the audio (either analogue or digital (coax/optical)

Previously they had S-Video for Video switching, some now have component switching. The latest Yamaha RXV4600 (expensive $1899 / £1200 maybe, nearer £1899 rip off Britain :mad: ) has 2 HDMI inputs/1 output and can even upscale your S-Video / Component SD inputs to HD and output via a single HDMI to your HD screen.

Yamaha RX-V4600

http://www.audioholics.com/news/pressreleases/YamahaRXV4600.php

No you do not need to buy one of the HDMI Receivers, HDMI and DVI (HDCP) switcher boxes are available today at a reasonable price, the price will drop even more, and quality improve as demand increases next year.

The Malpin one would work, but you do not need it yet.

There is no need to worry about a single DVI or HDMI entrance on your panel today.

Wait for PS3 to come out in 20??, then get a switch box, enjoy your LCD today.

The new AV amps have new features such as 7.1 dolby, and upscaling. They are a one box solution.

Your LCD will upscale internally anyway, these products just do it better (apparantley) by using deciated circuits and improved components. At least that the advertising burb, ultimately you have your own set of eyes.

Might as well wait until you need the 2nd - although the Toshiba having 2 inputs is nice, and I'd expect most of next years premium models to have 2xHDMI

I'd probably want 2 outputs as well, so I can feed HDMI to my screen and projector. That ain't going to be cheap :/

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom