Quantcast

Panny gx800 vs samsung q80r

gritbox

Standard Member
Upgrading my plasma ps51 f5500 and have narrowed it down to these 2

I generally prefer Samsung's, but I am still a bit torn

Mainly because the Panasonic can do both Dolby vision and hdrplus

But, the Panasonic has better response rate for gaming!

Can anyone advise me?

Is hdrplus just as good as dolby anyway or am I better going for the one that can do both?

I like the fact the Samsung has a less reflective screen too as during the day the room it is in is very bright

Thanks

zeppelino

Distinguished Member
The Samsung is by far the better tv. The only plus for the Panasonic is Dolby Vision support. The Samsung is better across the board.

zeppelino

Distinguished Member
You’ll still get the ‘base’ hdr with any content that is DV. Ignore formats, get the best tv you can that has the hardware to show hdr. The Panasonic is really rather poor and I’d venture that it’s overpriced.

gritbox

Standard Member
There's no competition here, but I'd personally go for the Q85R if you can since its local dimming is better. The Q80R has similar local dimming to the cheaper Q70R but can get a lot brighter, so the Q85R dimming becomes quite important.
Thank you but I'm pushing it with the wife at £999, another 300 for the 85r would be a no go!

MarkPJ

Standard Member
Thank you but I'm pushing it with the wife at £999, another 300 for the 85r would be a no go!
I bought my Q85R for £999 at the beginning of January. Hold out for a few more weeks and the price may drop back down again.

Dodgexander

TV pricing fluctuates a lot and with 2020 models close to release, potentially this is the time to find the best discounts on 2019 stock.

It's a gamble the TVs will sell out, but it's the time people get the best deals.

Just take a look at price history graphs on PriceSpy Ltd. or similar.

Top Bottom