1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny GX7 vs. GS5 - Is it just about stills?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by JohnnyPanix, Aug 20, 2002.

1. JohnnyPanix

JohnnyPanix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,

I'm looking to buy a camcorder very soon, in fact if the GX7 was in stock anywhere I'd already have got one. But now that i have a little more time to consider i find myself taking another look at the GS5.

Does anyone know what advantages you get with the GX7 (apart from the stills res and flash) that you don't get with the GS5? Does the GX7 use its 1.3 megapixel ccd for video, and if so, does it produce any better results than the GS5 with it's 800,000?

I was REALLY gonna get the GX7, then there were none in stock anywhere. Now that I'll have to wait til the end of septemeber for it, I'm getting a little impatient and starting to look at that little GS5. Would I regret it if I ran out of patience and got that one instead? there's only £100 in it.

Thanks for any advice/opinion anyone can give.

UPDATE: I've fond on the panny euope website that it does indeed use 1.3 ccd for video, with the max still being 1.28. Still no word on quality though. :confused:

2. Blagard

Blagard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In addition to the Stills at 1.3 meg also note the quality of the Lens it uses.

I cannot remember if the other models also have AV in as the GX-7 but that is handy to get VHS into digital format for editing if you fancy it.

The 1.3 meg stills aspect with SD memory sells it for me tho.