Panny EH50 - Adding a programme from PC

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by joroma, Mar 23, 2006.

1. joroma

joroma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Can anyone help with this one.

I have got the first 5 episodes of Extras on my hardrive but forgot to record episode 6. I have now been given a copy of episode 6 as an avi file which I have on my pc. I've got a file convertor and can convert the avi file to DVD,VCD,SVCD,MPEG1 or MPEG2. I've got a CD RW on my PC but no DVD RW. I've tried converting to DVD format and copying the file to a cd but the Panny won't read it. Is there any way I can get the last episode onto my Panny hard drive so that I can then dub all 6 episodes onto a DVD?
    I can copy a file from my pc onto a 512MB SD Card.

2. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Hi

Can your PC's DVD writer write to DVD-RAM discs? [Edit: Sorry just read you can not write DVDs, think you might be stuck then, although DVD writers can be had for around £30.00 now.]

You will need to write to a DVD-RAM disc using the VR mode for the Panasonic DVD recorder to accept it, it will not work from a CD I don't think. Someone may have a better idea.

Regards

Phil

3. joroma

joroma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    My file convertor doesn't include VR mode or is that the same as DVD format which it will do?

I am thinking about getting a DVD RW for the PC and would get one with the DVD RAM facility.

4. davee b

davee b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    If you burn to cd as vcd or for better quality svcd, the panny might recognise it.

5. joroma

joroma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Just tried playing it in VCD format on a cd and the Panny won't play it (this has happened before trying to play a photo slide show) In fact the Panny has never played a VCD CD. It recognises it as being VCD and shows that in the display but when I try and play it a menu of whats on the disk appears but nothing happens when I press play. According to the manual it should play VCDs. Any ideas???

6. davee b

davee b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Its probably the brand of disc that the player doesnt like. Try a different brand :)

7. joroma

joroma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks Davee. Any idea which brands of CD work well with this machine? I use Panasonic DVDs which as you would expect are absolutely fine.