Panny E95 -VCR output

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by BENSONDOG, Jan 24, 2005.

1. BENSONDOG

BENSONDOG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I wonder if someone can help with a a Panny E95 query as I`m losing my hair over the problem.

I had several issues connecting my E95/VCR/TV. These have almost been resolved, but I now have a problem with the output from the VCR.

I`m unable to view output from the VCR if the E95 is in timer mode. When the E95 is not in timer mode I can get a picture ok.

The set up is as follows :-

E95 AV1 >> TV AV1
    E95 AV2 >> VCR
    VCR AV2 >> TV AV2

I`ve checked the manual and previous posts but can`t seem to fathom this out.

Thanks in advance

2. Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    What do you get in Timer mode, a beige screen? If so try putting the E95 into full standby.

3. BillTheButcher

BillTheButcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I also have E95 AV2 >> VCR but don't have a connection from the VCR >> TV (I don't use the VCR for recording).

I can watch VCR playback with the E95 on timer standby or full standby.

Have you tried disconnecting the VCR >> TV connection?

4. the.jackall

the.jackall
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you guys tried vhs transfer to dvd on the panny 95 ? Do you get motion smear or artefacts on the copies you do ?

5. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,265
    You shouldn't get any motion smear or artifacts providing your being sensible about the recording mode your using. When archiving from VHS don't use anything worse than SP (and preferably FR sub 90 minutes). Also ensure your using high quality cables - not "Gold Plated" ones - but decent cables from companies such as QED. I have done dozens of VHS - DVDR transfers on my E95.

6. the.jackall

the.jackall
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Rasczak Which qed cable number would you recommend as theres quite a few,im currently using Cambridge audio and ixos,i changed my panny 55 for a sony ,but I much prefer Panny machines and would change it at the shop if its going to make a diffference.

7. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,265
    Cambridge audio and Ixos are both good makes which should do a fine job. It's academic if you've returned the unit but what recording modes were you using? Alot of people decide that as LP is described as 'VHS Quality' they try and use that to archive from VHS. In reality though VHS is a noisy source and thus needs a high bitrate to maintain quality.

8. cdb

cdb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Have you tried this?

E95 AV1>> TV AV1
    VCR AV1 >> TV AV2
    E95 AV2 >> VCR AV2

Isn't VCR AV2 normally an input only? if so, that's why you're seeing nothing.
    Alternately check the E95 is outputting the right signal (comp video probably) from AV2 to the VCR.

9. BENSONDOG

BENSONDOG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx for replies.

It`s just that I can`t get the VCR output on screen when the Panny is in standby
    - I can`t do a timed recording on the Panny and watch VCR at the same time. I think my connections are ok (my diagram in the previous mail may have been incorrect) and I can dub videos ok so the output to the Panny is ok

Thanx for the suggestions I`ll give them all a whirl.