1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny E95 switching the TV to AV problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Keithwiremess, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Keithwiremess

Keithwiremess

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!

My setup is
    Grundig freeview (TV scart) -> E95 (AV2 - decoder scart)
    And E95 (AV1 (TV)scart) -> Sony TV (AV scart - the one and only!)

When the E95 is sleeping, and I turn the freeview box on, the TV automatically switches to AV input. Turn the freeview off - and the TV goes back to its internal tuner.

so far so good!

When I wake the E95 up, the TV stays on its internal tuner - or switches to internal even if the freeview box is on. Only when I press play on the E95 does the TV switch to scart (AV) input - and at the end of playing it switches the TV back to its internal tuner. I can manually change the TV to AV input all the time, but what I really want is .....

If the E95 is awake it automatically switches the TV to AV input, no matter what the freeview box is doing. I never want the TV to use its internal tuner if either the freeview or E95 is awake - as the analogue pic is really bad!

The scart cables are all new - as I thought that was the problem.

Any ideas???

Also, should the E95 vibrate and make a small buzzing noise?? Its brand new.

Many thanks
    Keith

2. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    This is pretty much what my Toshiba TV does and it doesn't matter in the least whether the Panny DVDR is actually playing or not.

It's possible your Sony TV was designed with VCRs in mind as the only device likely to be connected to the AV input. :(
    At least this switching can be manually overridden. There are one or two older TVs which don't even have that option.

3. Keithwiremess

Keithwiremess

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks John - the sony trinitron is 10 years old - very good pic from the E95 so dont want to loose it yet!

Does your E95 vibrate gently??

4. BillTheButcher

BillTheButcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have an E95 and the only noise I hear from it is a very faint whirring when a DVD is spinning or the fan is on.

5. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Some DVD RAM discs do cause vibration for the first 5 minutes or so of the disk. Presumably it is spinning faster while the inner portion of the disc is being accessed and some discs are less well balanced than others.