Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panny E95 anyone got one?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by garry, Aug 8, 2004.

1. garry

garry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, could anyone please tell me some of the features on the E95, at present i have the E100 but was looking to upgrade does it still have partial erase and high speed dub at any recording mode i.e LP SP..... i tried the JVC DRMH30 but it would'nt allow you to edit on the hard drive you had to make a playlist then do it from there with bad results that's what i like about the panny it gives you great results on editing out adverts also can you put thumbnails on a finilized dvd? Thanks.

2. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +665
    If you already have the E100 I can't really see there being much point in upgrading to the e95 so soon. As someone else pointed out, the next generation of Pan dvdr will have HDMI outputs. I'd wait for that. Although saying that I did have my pan dmr 60 for just 3 months before upgrading to the 85. Still, that was due to the 60's lack of HDD. Personally I find the 80GB HDD easily sufficient as I archive any stuff I want to keep straight away. I bought 2 50 blank dvd-r packs from SVP on the net that worked out at just 35p each including del.

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/dvd-recorders/dmre95hebs/index.htm

3. get1a2get1a2

get1a2get1a2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. marky_h

marky_h

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    On my HS2 (inherently similar compatibility, I'd've hoped) I use Ritek G03's from SVP - they've recently had a batch of x1/x2 speed discs in, which are about £6 for 25. See product {DV 3127} here.

HTH

Mark

5. ovenglove

ovenglove

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have just received an E95 and yes it does have high speed dub although it very rarely seems to do it. If you have too many edits then it goes to realtime dub. For too many edits read 1 or more! It does have partial erase although I have not yet tried it and I'm not too sure about the thumbnails at the moment. Quality is excellent but on the whole I hate it. Not that you will find Dubbing in the index, its under transfer even though its got a dubbing button.

Iain

6. get1a2get1a2

get1a2get1a2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there what do you mean on the whole I hate it i have a panasonic dmr100 would it be worth selling to get the dmr 95 i was speaken to panasonic today and in october they are bringing out the dmre500 with 250 gig hard drive and replaces the dmr100 have you had a dmr100 before thanks

7. OARDVD

OARDVD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That doesn't sound right. Assuming you have DVD-R compatible mode switched on, then are you sure you're not trying to dub something which is too big to fit on the disc?

8. ovenglove

ovenglove

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was 45 minutes and had a 15 second cut in the middle.

9. ovenglove

ovenglove

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I moved from a near 2 year old JVC HDD Video to the E95 and lost several features and have gained not much. I expected something a lot lot better for the money. I started another thread titled Panasonic E95 which basically lists all my gripes.