Panny E95 and library systems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Albo1960, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Albo1960

Albo1960
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello to you all - newbie here. Excellent forum - I've already learnt a lot. Two questions - Richer are doing the Panny E95 for £399 from next week (w/c 7th March) - sounds a good price but I gather it's being discountinued. Is it worth it or should I hold on for the new Pannys or the new Tosh for that matter.

Secondly, this will be my first DVD Recorder. My current VCR has a great tape library system so I can find any recording on any tape (as long as I have numbered the tape on first use - it gets the programme details from teletext). Does the Panny E95 (or any other DVD/HDD recorders) do this?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Albo1960

2. Steve N

Steve N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,854
    IF you're looking at prices, Multiregionmagic have the E95 at £379 and the E500 at £799 currently.
    You will find dvd recorders (esp panny) light years ahead of vcr for prog search etc. A menu comes up showing in either script or thumnails what you have recorded and you just click for instant access.
    There are so many advantages that a quick demo in a "good" shop will convince you and save hours of writing

3. AVmaster

AVmaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I agree. HDD wise you would have to pay much more in order to getthe same size in a newer model and the main specs are not that different.
    The program ID (other than being able to manually edit names) is automatically downloaded from Teletext, presumably in the same way your VCR does.

4. Tellyfiend

Tellyfiend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Great machine but unless you have a DV camcorder go for the E85,the 80gb disc is still large and its £100 cheaper.

5. Albo1960

Albo1960
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much to you all - i'll let you know how i get on