Panny e85 - Sky problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Alex_e, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Alex_e

Alex_e
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just unpacked and connected my E85 up. Everytime the unit comes out of standby i loose the Sky picture. I have got Sky going to AV2 the settings are right for that input (according to the manual) but i have no idea why this is happening. Tried standard and RGB signal doesn't work either way.

The pass through works fine when the unit is in standby. It is really P***ing me off now. A new toy i cant play with.

Anyone any ideas ??

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    It's a wellknown fact the E85 and similar Panasonic DVDR's lose the passthrough when switched on.
    Only suggestion is to take a lead from the Sky Vcr out scart to your Tv's other scart input....if it has one.

3. ben223

ben223

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Curious indeed. I have an E85 and the only occasion that I can't watch Sky is when it is in timer mode AND on standby. Perhaps you will need to check connections.

Sky TV out to E85 AV2 - set Sky and E85 (AV2) to RGB
    E85 AV1 (RGB output) to TV AV2

If TV AV1 is free, as JayCee suggests, connect Sky VCR out to that .

4. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +250
    Sorry if I misunderstand the problem but you have pressed the input select button on the E85 remote to change it to AV2?

Having said that there are occasions when at power up it will revert to the internal analogue tuner and may need switching again.