Panny E85 or Tosh RD-X32S

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by F G Evans, Sep 30, 2004.

1. F G Evans

F G Evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am new to the recorder market but have decided that my best options are one of the above players.

What would the readers of this forum say was the better machine.

At present i have a Tosh 42PW23 RPTV (does not accept progressive scan but does have component inputs), i also have a Tosh 330E DVD with component output (which i do use) and a Humax 800t (freeview with hard drive).

One consideration is whether the above recorders will offer better play back capability that my current DVD player as i want to know whether to use the recorder simply as a recorder or can i replace my current player with it.

I also have a humax which has a 40GB hard-drive. I would also be grateful to know whether it would be overkill going for a recorer with a hard drive in any event and would i therefore be better off with simply a dvd recorder without a hard-drive ie the Panny E55

2. QED

QED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you look at the posts in this forum you will soon realise that there is no correct answer for this question.
    Both players are excellent - there is no best one.

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,267
    The HDD in a HDD/DVDR combo serves a totally different function than the HDD in your Humax! In a DVD recorder the HDD is merely an area larger than any DVDR where you intially 'capture' your recording, edit, rearrange and dub to DVD-R at the highest possible bitrate. It allows editted recordings to be made on highly compatible media and is well worth paying extra for.