1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panny E85 compared to sony gx300

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by okcomputer331, Jan 15, 2005.

1. okcomputer331

okcomputer331

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i recently returned a sonygx300 and swapped it for a panny E85. here is what i found

does anyone else find the lack of a pause button on the panny annoying?,I have the actual recorder next to me in my room (not just the remote)

i like to pause recordings when i am taking a leak etc, but i have to find the remote and press pause on that.

other than that the Panny unit is absolutely faultless. recordings slightly worse that my previous faulty Sony gx300 and only 1 hr, 2 hr , 4hr, 6hr, 8 hr modes. i miss the 1.5hr and 3hr modes on the sony

The HDD totally makes up for any of these faults and kicks the living **** out of the sony.

Sony GX300 - 7/10
    Panny E85 - 9/10

2. AVmaster

AVmaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I don't miss the pause button on mine. I'd rather see it on the remote and not on the front panel. Don't forget you've got FR (Flexible Rate) recording mode if you want to record for 1.5 hr, 3hr etc.