Panny e75 sound but no picture?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by tallpaul13, Jan 6, 2005.

1. tallpaul13

tallpaul13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Newbie here....

I have a Panny E75 DVD recorder/video combi hooked up to a Viere 37" plasma via a component cable for picture and scart for sound. If I watch a DVD (AV4C on the plasma I get a cracking picture and sound - no problems. However, if I want to record sky (conected via scart) on the DVD on AV2 which is the "input" all I get is sound and a black screen. I am (pretty) sure I have set the menu up correct ie AV2 input and AV1 output.

In order to record a picture I have to set the "video" section to AV2 and the "DVD" section to TP (which is ment to record from tape to DVD). This results in a poorer quality picture.

Any ideas?.

2. denis1501

denis1501

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Ensure the digibox is outputting RGB, Services, system set-up, Picture Settings.
    Ensure the Panny EXT 2 is set up to input RGB
    Check that your scarts are secure.
    regards
    D.

3. tallpaul13

tallpaul13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi D,

thanks for the reply. I have checked all cabling. The DVD playback via component is brilliant. Sky via AV1 on plasma is OK.

No picture when trying to watch sky thru DVD recorder - only sound?.

All settings are OK on Sky and like I mention component must be OK as playback is OK.

If I change one of the DVD recorder settings (AV2 input) to vide - lowest quility I get a terrible picture thru?.

4. jem

jem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Sound and no picture means AV2 is not getting an RGB input. Make sure you are using the TV out scart from Sky into the E75 AV2 and not the VCR out. The VCR out from Sky only gives a composite picture. RGB is only output through the TV scart.

5. tallpaul13

tallpaul13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jem,

My sky box only has AV1 for TV and AV2 for video/dvd recorder - no other scart.

I looked at the settings for the AV4C and there was an option for AV4 out and it was set to analogue. I went thru all the settings AV1,2,3, DVB, Monitor but when I set it to AV1 I managed to get a picture one AV1 on the DVD recorder (not the video section the DVD).

This looks like I have solved it - I think I am sending the AV1 signal(sky) back thru AV4 (the scart I am using for sound for the component cable). Although the DVD is now working it seems a strange way of doing it?.

6. jem

jem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    So do you have AV1 on your Sky box going into AV2 on the E75?

7. tallpaul13

tallpaul13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I am aware (I am going to check again) the leads are setup OK.

Although I thought I had solved the problem. when I turn off the TV the DVD doesnt record. So I have had to revert back to recording the "tape" section which is viewing AV2?.

8. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +283
    If you want to make RGB recordings from Sky, as Jem says you must connect

Sky Digibox "TV" scart to E75 AV2.

Make sure the Sky box is set up for RGB output and if possible never use the TV button on the Sky remote control as this turns OFF the RGB output.(Pressing the Sky button turns it back ON)

9. jem

jem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Please tell us exactly what connections you have.

Don't understand what you mean by this :confused: