1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny E65, video & digital photo question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Dave Cullen, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Dave Cullen

Dave Cullen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apologies if this is a stupid question ...

I have a short piece of holiday video recorded on my digital camcorder which I can burn to DVD-R on my new Panny E65.

A also have, from the same holiday, a number of stills recorded on the same camera (on SD card).

Is it possible to burn the video to a DVD-R disc, then the stills (with 'chapter' type navigation to them on a normal DVD player) to the same media to give a complete record of the holiday on one disc? The manual doesn't indicate that this is possible (either to DVD-RAM or DVD-R), but I was wondering whether anybody had managed it, or an explanation as to why it really is a stupid question after all!

Dave

2. Dave Cullen

Dave Cullen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It would appear from the lack of response that there is not straightforward answer to this one (shucks!), but I have had a thought myself, does anybody think this is a possibility? ...

I could us my PC to create a 'slideshow' (and even put the still pictures to music) as if I was going to burn it to a VideoCD, then connect up to my DVD recorder, feed the resultant slideshow in through the Aux connection (somehow) and then record it to the DVD by that route.

Am I still barking up the wrong tree???

Dave

3. Vladman

Vladman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Dave,

I think your idea in your second post is probably a good way of doing it. I think you'll have to transfer both the video and the stills to your pc, then edit them there, and burn them to a dvd-r, as two titles.

I'm not sure if there's a better/simpler/quicker way of doing this...

P.S. interesting, you've experienced the FR recording problem to a dvd-r too...

4. Dave Cullen

Dave Cullen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Vlad, I'll give it a try when I get the time.
    Let's await the rsponses to the flexible recording qestion ...