Panny-e55, buying online.

davidcotton

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I've pretty much convinced myself to get the panny e55. (Tough choice between that and the e85 but as I already had sky plus didn't see the point).

Where's the best place online to get one of these? I'm not too bothered about it being multiregion as I already have a pioneer multi region dvd player.

Also whats the maximum length that I can fit on to a -dvdr? I'm aware that its to do with bitrate but would like a couple of answers.

Cheers.

PS Annoyingly I saw the E55 in JL for £210 but didn't buy it as I thought it would be cheaper elsewhere. However looking round town at the weekend I saw it for no less than £240!

Got mine from John Lewis for £200.

I Just bought one from Comet online (special online price). It was £199 with p&p £7.95 for an am delivery cheaper if you wait in all day. They had it in stock and delivered in 48 hours. :smashin:

In my experience Richer claim they had stock then didn't have it and it was £220, CO-Op electrical said they had new stocks arriving This week and it was cheaper at £189.99 (p&p more than comet though and if it goes wrong there aint a store round the corner you can take it back to)

DVD RAM risks i've found best on the pany UK web site. Got my DVD -R disks from PC World on offer for 10 @ 6.99 Jewel case and they seem to be decent quality Packard Bell disks.

Got mine to back up my sky +. Nice kit you've made a good choice IMO :thumbsup:

davidcotton said:
Hi

Also whats the maximum length that I can fit on to a -dvdr? I'm aware that its to do with bitrate but would like a couple of answers.

E55 will record up to 8 hours though standard and best balance between quality and storage is is 2 hours

Another tip , if you have RGB scart on your tv , route the SKY + box TV scart to the AV2 socket on the E55 and then the AV1 out of the panny to your TV. Saves on an extra Scart to your tv and it works real well through the panny :thumbsup:

Im thinking of getting the Pani e55,anyone know if
you can get it in black here(why is there such a shortage of
black)it looks much better in black!

Attachments

• DMRE55K.jpg
    DMRE55K.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 56
Apparantly Boots have the E55 (silver) in store for £169.99.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom