1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny E50 recording and TMPEnc DVD Author problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ShaunIOW, Apr 14, 2004.

1. ShaunIOW

ShaunIOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I record stuff off TV onto Panasonic RAM discs then use TMPEnc DVD Author to transfer the program to the PC, edit it and burn to DVD-R. I do a basic edit on the E50 first - remove the stuff at the beginning and end of programs and remove ads, but leave a bit which I take off in DVDAuthor.

But just recently I've been getting a weird problem - every so often TMP DVDAuthor won't allow me to transfer the recording - it says the recording is mixed formats when it isn't and two ratio's when it isn't. In both the last two cases the programs had no ads (Sky Movies and BBC1) so I only edited beginning and end.

The message says:

'This recording is a mix of different video formats'

'The video compression format (MPEG-1 & MPEG-2) resolution and the aspect (4:3 & 16:9) ratio need to be the same within the program'

Edit: As an example I recorded all 3 episodes of Dragon's Alive off BBC over the past three weeks - no settings were changed so all are the same format, I can get EP1 & Ep3 off the RAM disc, but not EP2, although anything else on the disc is fine.

Any ideas? It happens with random recordings and dosen't matter what recording quality I use - 2hr, 4hr, 6hr or flexible-record.

Cheers

2. smallmanongn

smallmanongn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are having problems the best thing to do is in the source set-up is to put each program as a seperate track rather than just the one track with all three episodes on it.
    It will then accept different aspect ratios on the one disc,even though you say they are the same.

3. ShaunIOW

ShaunIOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the reply.

I do add each as a seperate track anyway, so I can select different episodes from the menu.

4. smallmanongn

smallmanongn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The other thing you can try then is patch the header using DVD Patcher,see here .
    I had a similar problem in that recordings of my own ripped from DVD seemed to loose the aspect ratio information for widescreen material and it would end up in 4:3 format,this program allowed me to correct it back to 16:9.

5. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    There is a new TMPGEnc DVD Author user guide up at Doom9's site (www.doom9.org) the home of all things to do with DVD backup.

6. OARDVD

OARDVD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try going into Setup and change 'Hybrid VBR resolution' from Automatic to Fixed. Then re-record your programmes.