panny e50 probs

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by coolio2k2, May 31, 2004.

1. coolio2k2

coolio2k2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can anyone help whenever i record sport on lp (4 hrs) whenever i play it back its seems a little pixelated on dvd-r and dvdram for instance football , rugby ,wrestling is ther any settings in the recorder to help say like to put it to sport for sport ?????

2. coolio2k2

coolio2k2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    and round the players heads is a little fuzzy its recording off sky digital and the scores seem a little blurred !

3. eddiethehead

eddiethehead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    You have got both the dvdrecorder and sky set to RGB haven't you?
    Also, isn't the 4hr mode supposed to be similar to a good vhs recording? Are recordings any better in 2hr mode?

4. rockyglw

rockyglw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    DVD quality is available in SP or XP. Although LP gives better than VHS quality it is digital therefore on subjects such as fire there will be slight artifacts visible. If you are recording off Sky or cable then the bitrate of the subject matter will vary. If the bitrate is low on things such as ITV footbal then you will get the effects such as pixelisation that you are experiencing . It is just a limitation of digital broadcasts with low bitrates. If you watch Sky football on a Plasma TV for example the problems are even worse. I would not buy a Plasma or LCD TV at present, because I would not be able to tolerate the limitations of watching most Sky progs on it. Just to further reassure you. My sister has just Bought the E55 and in LP and EP the picture is no different to the E50. Enjoy your recorder as compared to VHS, with colour bleed, frying, noise and other horrors, the E50 is a mega improvement

5. atmoscinema

atmoscinema

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Yeah, you should stick to 2 hour recordings in SP and 2 and a half in FR really. BBC1 has the best bitrate for recording footy.