Panny E20 broken - help please!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by TonyIles, Oct 25, 2004.

1. TonyIles

TonyIles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Panasonic E20 which developed a fault with recording the sound, all of the other functions are 100%, SCART output of sound has failed, but outputs through the BNC connection, my local repair dealer has said that the part for it is "discontinued by Panasonic", ok the E20 is now obsolete but after parting with a large sum of money to Panasonic, I am not impressed that all I have now is a very large door stop, and that Panasonic are not supporting the E20 anymore, although it is only 2/3 years old, I would expect spares to be available even in this fast moving market, has anybody had any experience with an E20 or similar Panny DVD Rec?, btw - I replaced it with a Tosh DR-1 from Richer Sounds for £199.95, Morgan Computers are also selling the Tosh for £187.00 as of 25/10/04 :lease:

2. alicat

alicat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would check out your repairers statement.
    I think i am right in saying that under UK law, manufacture's have to make spare parts available for a minimum of 5 years after the product has been discontinued. Check this with Trading Standards or the DTI's website

3. lurcher

lurcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +202
    Tony,
    My DMR E 20 also developed a fault under warranty , I kept getting an intermitent fault on the sound on replay of recorded material ( like a very short pause/stutter).
    Went away to Dixons repairers, they found no fault. Suggested it was a media prob any way never reapeared.
    What disc are you useing ?

4. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +249
    If you can't get it repaired and don't normally use the phono audio outputs, I'm sure some kindly person could solder flying phono leads into a scart lead for you. ;)