1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny E100 question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by JimNoble, Dec 26, 2003.

1. JimNoble

JimNoble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have the panasonic DMR-E100 wirth multi region mod by techtronics. Pretty happy with it so far, bar one "feature"; to watch a region 1 DVD, I have to switch the TV type setting to "NTSC" (it refuses to play the disc if you don't). That's fine though, as the TV is multi-standard.

However, if I forget to switch it back, subsequent (PAL) recordings get screwed up because (presumably) it's assuming an NTSC input. Now that's annoying!

Am I missing something here, or is that the only way to watch R1 discs? Is there no way to tell the E100 my TV works with both PAL and NTSC?

Jim

2. cdb

cdb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    I'm looking at getting this model from them as well, so I hope it ain't a pain to watch region1 dvds.
    They claim its auto region don't they? To me that suggests you put the disc in and sit back to enjoy.
    What happens if you try a region0 ntsc disc?
    Is it worth speaking to them to see if they can help you out?

3. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the previous model,the HS2 and have mentioned this annoying problem before.However,as long as you are not recording on the HDD in PAL,the machine should play your R1 disc-albeit in PAL 60.Pure NTSC is only possible with the change over.When you tried your R1 disc-were you recording on HDD?If not-take it back

4. JimNoble

JimNoble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Ah, I might have been recording. I'll try again when I'm not...

Jim

5. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Even if you were,this is a major annoyance for people who use the HS2 as their main dvd player aswell.Luckily I don't.What makes it worse,is that the recorder outputs NTSC as PAL 60 until you change it over in the menu-but then you have to change it back again to play or record in PAL.

6. JimNoble

JimNoble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Yep, just tried to watch an NTSC dvd when the playing was recording and it refused. Tried again without it recording and it works fine.

Very annoying :-(

Jim